To provide a Child Care Service that is a positive experience to all families, and which is designed to promote individual children’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development, inclusive of children with additional needs.
For Children to:
- develop social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills
- develop skills at appropriate ages and stages
- participate in learning experiences
- develop knowledge of different cultures, differences between individuals and show acceptance of the differences
- develop self-confidence and self- esteem
- increase language skills
- practice principles of hygiene
- become increasingly independent
- have an optimal environment to learn
- have a program that is responsive to their needs and interests
Aims and Objectives
Our aims and objectives are to provide a program and service that is based on the needs of the families and children as well as the staff.
For the Child:
- An environment which meets nutrition, health and safety requirements.
- An environment which supports and strengthens family ties, and which reflects the socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of its users.
- An environment which accounts for the additional needs of children.
- An environment which fosters a deep sense of security, basic trust and acceptance of themselves and others.
- Adults who respect them as individuals, and foster their unique abilities (physical, intellectual, social and emotional), background and ethnic identities.
- An environment which helps them make sense of everyday experiences and feelings and where adults understand development and support their efforts to regulate their own behaviour.
- Adults who respond positively and who encourage autonomy, initiative and independence, responsibility, co-operation and self-control, choice, etc….
- Adults, who respect, trust and promote positive communication with children.
- A program that is consistent yet flexible to reflect children’s interest and encompassing gender equality.
For the Families:
- Offer a safe environment that is accessible to all.
- Supports them in providing an environment which promotes the overall developmental needs of their children.
- Is flexible and response to diverse and changing needs.
- Accommodates differences in age of children.
- Respects and responds to the needs, values and cultural diversity of the parents.
- To have an active exchange of information between parents and staff on a daily basis which will be treated with appropriate discretion.
- To offer support and referrals when needed.
- To have the opportunity to contribute ideas, skills and resources.
For the Staff:
When implementing a program it is also necessary to meet the needs of the staff members:
Our goal as a team is to facilitate an open and effective working relationship whereby the educators are supportive and respectful of one another’s needs.
Within this broad goal, we have a number of specific Objectives for staff:
- For staff to share ideas and resources with one another.
- For staff to feel comfortable in providing positive and constructive criticism.
- For staff to be approachable and respect confidentiality
- For staff to respect, trust and promote positive communication between one another.
- For staff to have the opportunity for regular learning and training both internally and externally.
- For staff to encourage and nurture the children’s awareness, tolerance and acceptance of other cultures.
- For staff to respect varying parental styles, being non-judgemental of individual family beliefs and values.
- For staff to ensure parents are well informed about the program and their child’s day.
- For staff to facilitate interactions which provide opportunities for each child’s individual development.
- For staff to foster a positive approach in guiding the behaviour of children.